When you are constantly on the go, getting the proper nutrition you need to thrive can be a challenge. But just because
- Nibble on Chocolate. Chocolate is often thought of as an unhealthy snack, but the sweet treat’s dark variety carries some wonderful health benefits. Research has found that dark chocolate promotes satiety, lowers the desire to eat something sweet, & reduces calorie consumption. With chocolate, a little goes a long way, so be sure to limit your intake to about 1 to 2 ounces daily.
- Pack Your Own Lunch. Packing your lunch is one of the best ways to ensure you get a nutritious meal when you are out of the house. Plus, it’s more cost-effective. Set aside aseveral minutes each night to pack your lunch for the following day. Include items like sandwiches with lean broth-based soups & meats with beans. Don’t forget to include your fruits & veggies to round out the meal.
- When Eating Out, Plan Ahead. When you are on the go, it’s not uncommon to eat many of your meals out. Avoid temptation by making a plan. If you know where you are going to be eating out, look at the restaurant’s menu online & decide what you will order ahead of time. &, if you are eating with a group, order first so you can stick to your plan & not be swayed by what your dining companions are ordering.
- Drink Plenty of Water Throughout the Day. Rushing from here to there can be taxing on your body. Drinking water can help replenish lost fluids & keep you hydrated. Water also helps to fill you up, so you are less likely to grab that quick, unhealthy snack from the office vending machine. Aim for minimum 64 ounces of water a day. To make it even easier to achieve this target, consider buying a 64-ounce water bottle. Fill it once, drink it throughout the day, & you are set.
- Eat Breakfast. When you live your life on the go, breakfast should be the only meal you eat at home. Breakfast skipping has been associated with overeating later in the day & weight gain. But you need more than just a cup of coffee. A healthful breakfast that incorporates lean protein is the best way to start the day. Research has found that when you incorporate protein into your breakfast, you feel fuller longer & gain energy.
- Take a Multivitamin. Along with a nutritious diet, taking a quality multivitamin each day is one of the easiest ways to ensure you are getting the necessary vitamins & minerals your body needs to function at its best. Rainbow Light developed Women’s 1 Multivitamin specifically for women on-the-go. In just one tablet daily, this comprehensive formula nourishes, energizes, & supports the major systems of a woman’s body with a wide spectrum of vitamins & minerals.
- Exercise Regularly. Regular physical activity not only provides physical benefits like decreasing fat & building muscle, it also helps boost your mood & eases stress. Try to get minimum 20 minutes of exercise each day. Grab your sneakers & take a walk around your neighborhood. Or, lace up some skates & hit the local ice rink.